Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Saturday 20 February 2016

Impact of Natu Sir

Natu sir was my neighbour. He was a retired teacher. He had worked for forty years as a teacher in a government school. Twenty years after his retirement he worked in a private school. His wife had died long back. His two children were working at distant places. He lived alone.

One day I was going to the market. I saw him returning from the market with a basket of fresh vegetables. He stopped and spoke to me. He said. “These days we are getting good fresh veggies.” After working whole day in school, he went to the market.

He was always enthusiastic and full of energy. His outlook towards life was positive. I had seen people of his age complaining. But he was always full of positivity. One day I asked him “Sir, what is the secret of your good health? You work from early morning till night. Yet you are fresh like a flower.” He said “The answer is simple. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I do not have any other vices. You can call me a workaholic. Age gives us more experience, more maturity and strength.

We see many people who complain for petty things. We must learn to enjoy life. We can do this by achieving right balance between work and leisure. Many times I have heard people saying “After retirement I do not want to work. I want to relax. On the contrary in the form of Natu sir I heard a person telling me keeping oneself busy in work has made him healthy, happy, wealthy and wise.

From that day I stopped making my old age an excuse to shed responsibility. I learnt from Natu sir that old age is a blessing. It has made me more mature, more experienced and stronger. It has taught me to look at the world in a positive way. I can be useful to others in many ways. Now when I say that I am a senior citizen I feel that there is a certain amount of responsibility attached to my status as a senior citizen. I do not feel that I am week and helpless. On the contrary I thank God for imparting me so many good lessons in life. I thank Him for giving me good health. So it is my duty and responsibility to keep my health good. I can do this by keeping myself busy.

All this has been impact of Natu sir upon my life. He is a living legend. I have learnt so many things from him, for which I shall be always grateful to him. Indeed there are many persons around us who are living legends. They impact our lives with their good work. By this post I bow to all of them.
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment